Monday, March 19, 2012

Lesson Plans

Hi All!

I wrote in my last lesson plan post that I'd like to start being a little more organized in my lesson plan scheduling and post our new plan each week.  I'll post my lesson plans on Friday. That way, if you'd like to follow a long, you have the weekend to prepare a little bit.

Little Man is still only 18 Months old: we're going to keep his lesson plans light, and fun.  We're going to incorporate lots of learning through play.  For this age group toddlers learn a lot through casual interaction:  the day to day experiences.

My lesson plans aren't going to be super structured.  The "plan" is more for me than for him.  It's just a schedule so I know what books to reserve from the library and what prep I need to do.  We won't stick to the schedule like glue, either.  If he doesn't feel like coloring, we won't color that day. 

Also, as I've said before, I'm not a teacher or anything: so this is a complete work in progress for me, too.  I've been researching like crazy and picking the brains of my mother-in-law and my mom (both work, or have worked as a childhood educator)  to get ideas and to understand what I should be focusing on in this age group.  

If you have any suggestions or ideas you'd like to share, feel free to chime in!  I'm always looking for new ideas of fun stuff to do with my Little Man to make learning fun for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment